I needed something for my kreinik. Boxes, containers etc just wasn't right for me.
I had an idea of a board with nails in it. Then hubby said lets make it pretty. Then I said let's make it a mermaid!
It was not supposed to be as big as it is :) there are over 300 screws to put kreinik on. I'm also using it to hang my gingher scissors on.
Hubby and I drew the mermaid from a silhouette I found online. Hubby cut it out, I sanded it and hubby drilled the holes, painted and put the screws in. He wouldn't let me use his power tools.
The paint is a hammer finish which is for metal not wood but we tried it on a scrap piece and it came out great. I love the effect.
Now she hangs in my craft room.
In the mean time I have gotten NO stitching done. I had trouble seeing and got my eyes tested. Only picked up my glasses on Saturday.
I've also just started at a new practice which is brand new and has to be set up completely. So on top of working there and at the hospital I am pretty run off my feet.
Hoping to get some stitching done this week.